Weld, Controls, & Automation Manager
Our client, a manufacturing company in the Jackson, MI area, is looking for a Weld, Controls & Automation Manager to join their team.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
1. Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles.
2. Responsible for controls systems design, specification, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up assistance.
3. Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
4. Prepares technical reports as result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations.
5. Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post-heating requirements.
6. Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
7. Directs and coordinates personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers' compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification.
8. Contacts personnel of other agencies, engineering personnel, or clients to exchange ideas, information, or offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
9. Owns primary responsibility for ensuring that the EMS is implemented and maintained in accordance with ISO 14001 and for reporting on the performance of the EMS to top management for review and as the basis for improvement.
10. Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
11. Meets budget goals of the department.
12. Interface with other departments to meet company goals.
13. Provides weekly reports to Vice President of Operations.
14. Responsible for annually conducting research to determine the environmental regulations.
15. Maintain the environmental aspects/objectives list with input from management.
16. Conduct a compliance audit to legal and other requirements at least once per year or as legal and other requirements change.
17. Provide administrative support to the staff by maintaining effective employee development programs which include training, appraisal, feedback, education counseling and team building.
18. Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
19. Commits to the implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Quality and Environmental Management systems.
20. Effectively utilize capacity available to maximize profits while meeting customer service product availability and on-time delivery objectives.
21. Track disposal of consumer electronics.
22. Tracks non-conforming WIP materials and processing techniques, making improvement recommendations based upon data collected and analyzed.
23. Provides assistance with scrap, lot sizing and coding, and WIP process tracking activities.
24. Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of team members.
25. Assists with Continuous Improvement Projects.
26. Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
27. Responsible for identifying, indexing, accessing, filing, storage, and disposal of records within the department.
28. Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including environmental and quality standards.
29. May perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
30. Interface with other departments to meet company goals.
31. Prevents or eliminates defects in new or existing products.
32. Analyze test data and reports to determine if functional and performance specifications are satisfied
33. Maintains safe working environment in areas of responsibility.
34. MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor' s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university is preferred; and/or a minimum of five (5) years related experience in welding, automation, controls and production management and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.