Visual Merchandising, Specialist
Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
Creates brand appropriate Visual Merchandising Strategy, and collaborates with Brand Development graphic designers to develop graphic communication supporting product transitions in store for assigned merchandising areas.
- Develop Visual Merchandising Strategy in assigned areas and align to Brand Development strategy for consistent brand, theme, tone and message in store.
- Responsible for the overall look and feel of the department in assigned areas and integrated across VM for a total in-store visual experience.
- Drive Brand awareness and maintain a positive, consistent corporate brand image.
- Provide creative solutions supporting business priorities and project credible expertise to all levels of merchant business partners including, Buyer, Merchandise Manager and Vice President.
- Research information from multiple sources to assist in design decisions and trends including: competition, books and magazines, forecast companies, Internet, etc.
- Initiate creative work in the form of a Visual Creative Brief; collaborate with graphic design partners on the creative outcome to ensure strategic and store aesthetic experience requirements are met.
- Manage Kit of Parts for Visual Package and create appropriate versions to support execution within prototype variables.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional, collaborative relationship with the following areas: Merchandise Presentation Department, Store Operations, Store Design, Procurement, Photo Studio and Pricing.
- Merchandise Presentation Department to ensure look and feel of the department is executed within corporate guidelines and standards for product presentation.
- Store Operations to ensure visual merchandising plans are approved for execution within operational requirements.
- Store Design to ensure the execution of level 2 signing is aligned with the level 1 strategy and aesthetics.
- Procurement to facilitate corporate sourcing of production services.
- Photo Studio to understand creative direction, prepare photo requests; attend photo shoots as needed.
- Pricing to ensure level 3 promotional signs are integrated into the overall in store visual aesthetics defined by level 1 and level 2 visual strategy.
- Develop presentation within financial strategy, and facilitate accounting requirements for PO protocols.
- Provide graphics and instructions for in store execution of visual merchandising program to Planogram and other transition documents.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent retail experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience in retail environment.
- Experience in design, advertising/marketing, merchandising and space planning is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of branding and key marketing principles.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of visual merchandising and store layouts.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Technical, creative and business writing ability.
- Knowledge of the retail industry.
- Understanding of specific category product lines and core customer behavior.
- Office computer skills; ability to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft Office.