Michigan, Holland-Grand Haven
Our Client, is a full-service publishing company. Our mission is to invent new and better ways to connect authors and readers across a wide spectrum of content and mediums. We' re able to give our storytellers incredible reach. We go above and beyond to make our authors happy and add meaning to the lives of book lovers near and far.
We are looking for a talented, customer-focused Visual Designer who excels in producing bar raising compositions and layouts against digital best practices, brand and program standards. You have exceptional technical, digital and social platform design expertise. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated, self-directed person who can thrive in a deadline-driven atmosphere. The abilities to manage multiple projects, work efficiently with an acute attention to detail, and communicate effectively with key stakeholders are essential. You are flexible and able to seamlessly work with shifting priorities and ambiguity. You want to be part of a close-knit, highly engaged team who values collaboration and shares a quest for creative excellence.
An online portfolio of work is required; spanning personal projects and professional-level work that reflects a strong individual sense of aesthetics and an ability to create engaging experiences for our customers.
- Design original, yet on-brand visual marketing and promotional assets.
- Create elevated visual compositions that tell a story, using photography.
- Experience in directing baseline photoshoots to produce original imagery.
- Integrate typography and design elements into designs for impactful communications.
- Produce layouts within templated formulas against brand and program standards.
- Concepts and design through the expected design process.
- Collaborate with the creative team to dream up engaging visual concepts.
- Present design work to senior designers and partners for review and feedback.
- Fulfill multiple project requests while meeting and prioritizing tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, to troubleshoot technical and process related issues.
- Able to iterate based on brief and feedback.
- Support internal teams throughout the development of campaigns to ensure the highest degree of detail and polish.
- At least 3 years of visual design experience.
- An online digital portfolio is required to be considered for this position
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience creating production assets for a variety of screen resolutions.
- Experience working with a design style guide or branding guidelines.
- Bachelor' s degree in graphic design or related field.
: A deep appreciation for simple solutions to complex problems.
: Interest in latest design and technology trends.
: Demonstrated knowledge of the latest design patterns and trends.
: Collaborative with the ability to take feedback and directions.
: Ease with and willingness to seek guidance from peers, managers and team members.
: Willingness and openness to seek clarification on any vague information or direction.
: Ability to deal with ambiguity.
: The ability to articulate how design meets requirements in a creative brief.
: Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
: Strong communication skills.