Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Tooling Engineering Manager
Lansing, MI 48917 US
- Direct and supervise the Injection Molding Maintenance Department, ensuring the team's adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Lead the maintenance team in achieving performance objectives and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with external contractors and suppliers to coordinate various molding activities.
- Maintain and ensure the proper functioning of machinery, equipment, tooling, and building structures.
- Manage an open issues list for equipment and tooling, addressing concerns that impact production and uptime.
- Initiate orders and manage inventories of spare parts and equipment.
- Establish and coordinate with other departments to implement and improve a total productive management system for the injection molding department.
- Oversee the purchasing and installation of various equipment.
- Coordinate and fabricate necessary tools and equipment to support different departments.
- Ensure compliance with TS-16949 guidelines where applicable.
- Report accidents promptly and conduct investigations within 24 hours.
- Provide training and support for team leaders and maintenance/tooling technicians.
- Completed apprenticeship program in mechanical, electrical, or tooling with a formalized practical and theoretical study program.
- Basic computer knowledge is an asset.
- Minimum six years of maintenance experience in an injection molding operation.
- Minimum two years in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Familiarity with TS-16949 guidelines.
- Experience in coordinating activities with external contractors and suppliers.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Ability to stand or walk a minimum of eight (8) hours a day.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Capability to perform work below the knees and above the shoulders on an occasional basis.
- Climbing stairs is necessary.
- Good vision at a close distance is required.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on our Injection Molding Maintenance Department. If you are a seasoned Maintenance Tooling Manager with a passion for continuous improvement and team leadership, we want to hear from you. Join us in a dynamic work environment where your skills and expertise will be valued.
How to Apply:
Simply submit your resume. We're excited to learn more about your experience and how you can contribute to our team. No need for a cover letter - let your resume speak for itself!
Our manufacturing client is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.