Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Tool Room Engineer/Manager
Troy, OH 45373 US
Your role will also involve precision hand working, operating a forklift, maintaining repair records, and monitoring spare part inventories. You will be responsible for training specific maintenance team members on proper maintenance and repair techniques, problem-solving die issues related to quality or operationally, and working with vendors to procure spare parts and qualify tools.
In addition, you will work with launch teams when launching new programs, provide input to tooling engineers for die design approvals, and travel to multiple plants for support and potential weekend work.
* Establish maintenance programs for dies
* Determine spare parts for dies including punches, die sections, hydraulic cylinders, sensors etc.
* Weld punch and die sections when necessary
* Machine new details and align repaired punch and die sections
* Precision hand working, fitting, shim and aligning new or repaired punch and die sections
* Operate forklift when moving tools
* Maintain repair records and monitor spare part inventories
* Train specific maintenance team members on proper maintenance and repair techniques
* Problem-solving die issues related to quality or operationally
* Work with vendors to procure spare parts and qualify tools
* Work with launch teams when launching new programs
* Provide input to tooling engineers for die design approvals
* Travel to multiple plants for support and potential weekend work
* Tool and Die Journeyman or equivalent training
* 5-10 years automotive tooling maintenance or building of dies
* Able to read tooling prints
* Able to use and read measuring devices such as micrometers, indicators, and other tools used to produce/maintain dies
* Highly skilled at running various tool and die shop equipment including welding (tig and mig)
* In-depth knowledge of dies and die cutting processes
* MS Office tools fluency
* Some electrical and hydraulic experience beneficial
* Able to teach and communicate effectively.