Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Tool & Die Design Engineer
Muskegon, MI 49442 US
- Design and develop tooling and dies for manufacturing processes, including but not limited to stamping, forging, and casting.
- Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) software to create detailed 2D and 3D models of tooling and dies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including manufacturing engineers, production supervisors, and quality control personnel, to ensure tooling and dies meet production requirements and quality standards.
- Conduct feasibility studies and analyze design specifications to determine the most efficient and cost-effective tooling and die solutions.
- Perform design calculations and simulations to validate the structural integrity and functionality of tooling and dies.
- Recommend design modifications and improvements to enhance tooling performance and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations throughout the tool and die design process.
- Provide technical support and guidance to manufacturing teams during tooling and die fabrication and implementation.
- Stay updated with industry trends, new technologies, and advancements in tool and die design methodologies.
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to source and select appropriate materials, components, and equipment for tooling and die projects.
- Participate in design reviews, prototype testing, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in tool and die design within a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software, such as SolidWorks, Siemens, NX, AutoCAD, or similar tools.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, and tooling technologies.
- Familiarity with design standards, codes, and regulations relevant to tooling and die design.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, specifications, and engineering documents.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of simulation software (e.g., Finite Element Analysis) is a plus.