Technical Administrative Specialist
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan’s 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of Technical Administrative Specialist.
• Performs Electric Scheduling functions and more complex tasks including establishing workload and organizing and conducting assignments according to deadlines.
• Monitor workload / available resources and make appropriate adjustments as necessary
• Provides backup department support.
• Prepares reports and material as directed from time to time.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Performs procedures for scheduling and actions including records, tracking of information, maintaining logs/spreadsheet, and other similar support
• Under general direction, prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other areas of the Company, etc.
• Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members; ensures that information is furnished in a timely manner; decides whether a higher authority should be notified of important or emergency matters.
• Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement.
• Follows all safety rules and procedures and contributes to the safety of co-workers and the general public.
• Participates as an active scheduling team member by contributing to program development and organization planning.
• Operate a computer terminal and utilize necessary software applications
• Willing and able to follow instruction, assist in training of co-workers, and cooperate with other employees and customers.
• Performs responsibilities in a manner that clearly shows effective communication and cooperation and that promotes open exchange of information, respect, high ethical standards and professionalism.
• Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• SAP or similar work management system experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to interact with internal and external clients to receive information and data.
• Knowledge and/or experience in department practices and procedures.
• Ability to solve a range of basic problems
• Communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent
Strong knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word PowerPoint
SAP experience a Plus