Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
The Systems Engineer works as an integral part of an Agile team to ensure sound system design and architecture. This position collaborates with business customers, IT leadership, developers, and other stakeholders to assess available technologies, present solutions, develop architectural runway, and own the application release process.
The person filling this role will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
This role will be held accountable to the following Key Deliverables/Responsibilities:
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the IT solution and explore solution alternatives.
- Leads the planning, definition, and high-level design of release management processes and activities for the Systems Team.
- Leads DevOps activities such as deployment, automation, monitoring, and code management (branching/merging/code reviews).
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler features.
- Work with customers, stakeholders, and vendors to establish high-level Solution Intent.
- Establish critical NFRs at the solution level, participate in the definition of others.
- Operate within the Economic Framework to validate the economic impact of design decisions.
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, notably the Enterprise Architect, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enabler epics.
- Plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of new business Features and Capabilities
- Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality
- Collaborates with Systems Architects, other Systems Engineers, and the Infrastructure team to develop the Architectural Runway to support development of system features.
- Assist in the production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all Agile ceremonies
Highly skilled -
: Strong knowledge of development tools, coding languages, SQL and testing or strong business knowledge with hands on experience managing vendor package configuration and implementation.
: Proficient in multiple technologies or systems.
: Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
: Strong knowledge of database management and file access methods is desirable. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
: 6+ years' experience in software or application engineering and IT support required.
: Demonstrated proficiency in release management.
: Knowledge and execution of various Agile approaches, such as test-driven development, Dev Ops, emergent design, continuous integration and release management.
: Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
: Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
: Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment preferred.