We' re seeking a Systems Administrator for multiple high-volume websites supporting Higher Education. You will configure, deploy and maintain highly available and secure systems hosted on AWS while supporting an evolving application stack. You will help drive and implement strategic choices in our evolving cloud infrastructure in support of Students and Higher Learning Institutions.
* Develop and maintain configuration management software
* Analyze and isolate issues causing system inefficiencies and recurring problems
* Monitor, evaluate and enhance system performance
* Evaluate application infrastructure, identifying and fixing single points of failure
* Research and develop innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
* Support Data back-up' s, disaster recovery and Information Security initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* 2-3 years of Linux administration experience. Extremely comfortable with command line and use of tools to manage, provision, deploy and diagnose Linux systems in AWS.
* Expertise in deployment of LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/(python, Php) stacks.
* Practical experience with MongoDB and MySQL
* Experience or interest with one or more of the following:
o event transport systems like: RabbitMQ and Kafka;
o caching systems like: Memcached, Couchbase
o indexing services like: Elasticsearch and Solr
* Extensive experience parsing and analyzing logs, troubleshooting system and application slowness.
* Experience monitoring complex infrastructures
* Solid experience with AWS provisioning and capacity management.
* Comfortable with networking concepts as they relate to systems administration.
* Aptitude for constantly learning new technologies, highly desired
Education and Requirements:
* B.S.In Computer Science or related Engineering discipline desired
* 3+ Years of Systems Administration experience in a LAMP environment
* Competency with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible
* Expertise across AWS services in mission critical environment
* Proven experience supporting cloud-based environments for a SAAS-based business