An iMPact Business Group client in the Financial Services industry is seeking to hire a Junior Symitar Programmer.
This firm is growing and is routinely adding staff to their Software Development team.
This firm currently allows their Development team to work remote, ideal Candidates reside within a commutable distance to Grand Rapids when periodic on-site meetings are needed.
This position will provide ongoing support for existing Symitar applications and develop new Symitar-based solutions. This team also does participate in .Net Application Development work as well, so there may be opportunities for other project work if a Candidate also has .Net experience along with Symitar programming experience.
If you don't know what Symitar is, then this role is not for you.
- Designs, develops and maintains applications in PowerOn that automate Symitar postings and that integrate with Symitar and other third party systems. Develop jobs that manage the generation and processing of data files from/to the financial core system.
- Consults with business partners to define requirements for new or changing business needs. Researches options and designs and programs efficient solutions.
- Designs, codes, tests, documents and implements automated solutions that meet business needs.
- Prepares program and system integration test data, analyzes test results, and specifies data control procedures for modified and enhanced programs.
- Conducts research to resolve programming or data quality issues. Works independently or with other staff to solve data-related challenges and explore solutions for improvements. Escalates issues as needed to ensure that issues are addressed early in the process.
- Projects in this role are full SDLC roles working in an Agile environment.
- Teamwork, collaboration, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner are key for this firm.
Candidates must be open to a work day that is based on the Eastern time zone.