Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Supply Chain Specialist
Muskegon, MI 49442 US
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand procurement requirements and ensure timely sourcing of materials, equipment, and services.
- Evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, and maintain strong relationships to secure favorable pricing and terms.
- Monitor supplier performance, resolve any issues or disputes, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Implement inventory control processes to ensure optimal stock levels while minimizing excess or obsolete inventory.
- Coordinate with production, sales, and finance teams to forecast demand and maintain accurate inventory records.
- Conduct regular inventory audits and analyze data to identify and address discrepancies or potential inventory shortages.
- Coordinate transportation and delivery logistics, ensuring timely and cost-effective movement of goods.
- Liaise with carriers, freight forwarders, and customs brokers to ensure compliance with regulations and smooth shipment execution.
- Track and monitor shipments, communicate updates to relevant stakeholders, and resolve any delivery-related issues.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and production teams to forecast demand and develop production plans accordingly.
- Analyze historical data, market trends, and customer forecasts to optimize inventory levels and minimize stockouts.
- Provide input on product life cycles, new product launches, and discontinuations to facilitate accurate demand planning.
- Compile and analyze supply chain data, generating regular reports on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement, and make data-driven recommendations to enhance supply chain efficiency.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation related to supply chain processes, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience in a supply chain coordination or related role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain principles, procurement processes, inventory management, and logistics operations.
- Proficiency in using supply chain management software and tools (e.g., ERP systems, inventory management software, data analytics tools).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret and utilize data to drive process improvements.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build relationships with suppliers and partners.
- Knowledge of international trade regulations, customs procedures, and import/export requirements is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing work environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism.