Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Grand Haven, MI 49417 US
- Collaborate with the purchasing department to assess potential suppliers' quality capabilities during the supplier selection process.
- Conduct on-site supplier assessments and audits to evaluate their manufacturing processes, quality management systems, and overall quality performance.
- Define supplier quality requirements and ensure they are clearly communicated to suppliers.
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor supplier quality performance, such as defect rates, on-time delivery, and corrective action response time.
- Regularly review supplier performance data and collaborate with suppliers to address any quality issues or non-conformances.
- Develop and implement supplier improvement plans to drive continuous improvement and reduce quality risks.
- Provide guidance and support to suppliers in implementing effective quality management systems and processes.
- Conduct supplier training on quality tools and techniques, as well as industry-specific quality requirements.
- Collaborate with suppliers to resolve technical issues and ensure timely resolution of quality-related concerns.
- Conduct risk assessments on suppliers and their processes to identify potential quality risks and develop appropriate mitigation plans.
- Implement proactive measures to prevent quality issues and improve overall supplier performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure proper containment and corrective actions are implemented for any quality-related issues.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives related to supplier quality.
- Analyze quality data and trends to identify areas for improvement and implement effective solutions.
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to automotive supplier quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Previous experience in a Supplier-facing quality role within the automotive manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding of automotive quality standards and methodologies (e.g., IATF 16949, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC).