Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Strategic Capital Project Engineer
Convent, LA 70723 US
Work Schedule: Normal Business Hours
Schedule Specifics: 24 - 30 Months: Mostly dayshift but during critical project activities during construction and commissioning, this resource may need to work longer hours, hybrid shifts or weekends, so it's a possibility given the project needs. May need to travel, some firms offer a fully loaded rate to include any trips home or travel needs but need to see what the contracts allow and then it can be finalized, but travelling to engineering company for meetings is likely.
Description of Assignment:
The Strategic Capital Project Engineer will manage strategic, time sensitive high ranking capital projects for the North America Business / Phosphate units. Tasks relating to this job include preliminary and detailed project scoping, engineering design, scheduling, cost estimating, procurement, supervision, and construction management following industry and Mosaic project management policies and governance requirements. This role will work collaborate very closely with functional, operational, maintenance and other teams within the organization to support strategic business priorities, meet project objectives and achieve alignment across the board. This role supports execution of projects throughout Central FL and LA so some travelling may be needed. Project scopes may include traditional phosphate fertilizer projects involving process equipment design and fabrication, piping, material conveyance, structural steel, civil work etc., but it will also include capital projects involving new process technologies and alternative process equipment.
* Project execution and management: scope, schedule, budget, safety, quality / meeting project objectives, construction management, contractor management; ensure projects follow Mosaic' capital process management.
* Engineering design (developing engineering work packages for projects, managing Engineering firms, reviewing deliverables)
* Procurement activities - collaborate with Procurement Group in developing procurement strategies, scope of works, preparing requests for quotes and proposals (RFQ/RFP's), establishing list of potential bidders, conducting pre-bid meetings, clarifying bidder's questions, evaluating bids, writing purchase requisitions, and reviewing/approving invoices.
* Site and company initiatives to support safety, production, expansion, and maintenance.
* Technical/personal development and coaching others (contractors, trades, training courses, etc.)
* Travel as needed to support the various phases of the projects (design, fabrication, construction etc.,)
* Bachelor's degree required, major in Engineering: Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Chemical preferred. Degree in Construction Management is acceptable as well.
* Previous experience in working with EPCM firms and other third-party service providers in the execution of large heavy industrial capital projects
* 8+ years of related experience (related experience may consist of Industrial / Chemical Industry project execution experience or engineering project management)
* Previous experience in supporting very large capital projects from inception through construction, commissioning, and startup
* Experience in supporting complex and strategic projects and possess broad interdisciplinary skills that will bring together diverse stakeholders to solve very complex challenges/projects
* Experience in developing new and significantly different procedures for solving complex problems and consistently seeking innovative concepts and solutions
* Experience in effective communication involving large number of stakeholders on critical projects
* Experience in applying economic analysis to projects and understanding impacts to the wider organization
* Must have knowledge in: MS Office suite, Engineering software, SAP/Maximo, Fieldglass; ability to interpret & understand Primavera P6 & ability to create in addition to understanding Microsoft Project Schedules
* P.E. and/ or PMP certifications preferred
* Previous experience in execution of capital project in petrochemical or Class I DIV II processes is preferred
* Understands applicable EHS regulatory environment and management systems and effectively applies Mosaic's EHS practices, policies, and goals throughout all phases of capital projects
* Demonstrated knowledge of following Mosaic's internal processes, policies, standards, best practices and stakeholder or equivalent processes from other industries