Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Sr. Specialist, Project Engineer
Northampton, MA 01060 US
Lead the technical activities of a design team on a developmental program. Work closely with Program Manager, Engineering groups, Manufacturing department and other departments as necessary to expedite project completion and facilitate the overall operation of project team. Essentially act as the Integrated Product Team Lead.
* Facilitate the overall operation and performance of a project team.
* Provides coordination between resource managers/supervisors and Program Manager.
* Provide technical leadership acting as an IPT Lead working with a Chief System Engineer on issues related to subcontractors, suppliers and customers, supports management of the technical risks and opportunities to optimize program performance.
* Ensure that all technical contractual obligations or project baseline requirements are fulfilled, reviews program documentation and other work products created by the program team.
* Work with Program Manager and Lead Engineers to assure adherence to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
* Provide timely status updates with milestones, issues with plan of resolution to management team
* Contacts are primarily with Engineers, Program Managers, Operation Managers and acts as the primary technical contact for the customer.
* Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and techniques.
* Prepare and monitor engineering project team schedules, plans and budgets, competent in understanding and reporting EV metrics.
* Estimate resource needs for developmental programs.
* Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers.
* Conduct design reviews internally and with the customer
* Coordinate preparation of work breakdown structures, task descriptions, basis of estimates and other resources required to perform cost estimating.
* Support new business opportunities related to the product.
* Adhere to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Minimum Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Computer System Engineering.
* Multi-Disciplined Team Lead Experience 10+ years after receiving Bachelor's Degree
* Must have prior experience being a Technical / IPT Lead on a developmental program
* Prior experience mentoring engineers
* Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information