Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Sr. Project Manager
Grand Rapids, MI 49525 US
Our client is seeking a talent to serve in a new additional role in their organization as Sr. Project Manager
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, and financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as they relate to improving project delivery. The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business.
- Provide on-site leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, and adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chair the project management team meetings.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Manage project scope and changes.
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- May travel 1-3 times a year.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- 1+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client / business and documentation.
- 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Workfront or other PPM tool.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts.
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executives sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers.
- Support diverse and inclusive work environment.