Sr. Procurement Rep
Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
Our client, a manufacturing company along the West Michigan Lakeshore area, has an immediate opening for a Procurement Sr. Rep for a 6 month + contract
Procurement Sr. Rep. Is responsible for procurement activities which have a high financial impact to the Division. Procurement Sr. Rep. Will analyze technical data, in cooperation with technical leads, make buying decisions and make the proper transactions in a responsible manner. Procurement Sr. Rep. Supports production operations to ensure prompt delivery to customers. Material, supplies and services procured must be of suitable quality and sufficient quantity, secured at the best price (value) and available to production operations when needed.
Additionally, the Procurement Sr. Rep. Will:
- Implement and monitor cost savings initiatives.
- Review applicable customer defined specifications with appropriate technical representatives.
- RFQ/RFP preparation; Evaluate bids from suppliers and recommend procurement sources.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers; issue and maintain purchase order.
- Be responsible for procurement administration and actions in support of Division and customer requirements.
- Work with supplier quality on various commodity teams.
- Responsible for supplier returns and net planning demand in ERP system.
- Interface with multiple internal/external customers.
- Participate in continuous improvement process for procurement.
- Perform other duties/tasks as assigned.
Education & Skills
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years procurement experience in a manufacturing environment with a bachelor' s degee or 10 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience analyzing raw material requirements from MRP or similar system with a bachelor' s degee or 10 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Ability to manage numerous projects/purchase orders.
- Ability to manage suppliers.
- Experience in contractual aspects of procurement.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office, data entry and basic office skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity