Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Sr. Medical Engineering Technician (Neurovascular)
Fremont, CA 94538 US
Our client, a Global Leader in the Medical Device Industry has an immediate opening for a Sr. Medical Engineering Technician (Neurovascular) for a 6 month + Contract/Contract to Hire opportunity. Our client offers results-driven people a place where they can make a difference - every day! You will also have the opportunity to work with other like-minded, self-directed and detail oriented Top Talents in an extremely collaborative and professional environment.
The products at this location are for devices to be implanted in the brain through a catheter. There is a fused wire in the catheter.
Position Description (Principle Duties and Responsibilities)
- This position works under directions from a lead technician or engineer for prototyping and testing new catheter and stent products per established protocols and processes.
- Ability to communicate basic technical information clearly in written and oral form.
- General understanding of common engineering statistical and scientific tools
- Ability to follow standard test methods accurately and precisely.
- Ability to record data with accuracy and legibility per standard good documentation practices.
- Familiarity with Instron tensile testers, taking dimensional measurements under microscopes, use of calipers, rulers, micrometers, pressure and force gauges.
- Ability to manipulate small dimensional catheters and stents by hand and with basic tools.
- Support the development and implementation of capable manufacturing processes for new products. processes, or equipment.
- Execute building and testing of prototypes/products per engineering instructions.
- Assist project teams in establishing specifications and quality standards.
- Actively participate in project team meetings as requested.
- Communicate assignment status to lead technician and project teams.
- Bachelor's degree with Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Basic MS Office skills
- Medical device experience, highly preferred
- Ideally hiring manager seeking in particular a candidate with familiarity with Instron or other model tensile testers, microscopes with measurement and visual capabilities such as Keyence model scopes.
- Familiarity with following written test method instructions while data capturing.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination and be able to speak up if any questions arise
- Detail oriented is a must