Software Development Engineer
San Francisco, CA
With over 75 million members, Client is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations. As a Top 100 web destination, our mission is to help people find and share books they love. Client members can discover new books by seeing what their friends and members of the community are reading or by using the Client Book Recommendation Engine. Our platform also helps more than 220,000 authors to connect with readers.
The Customer Experience team at Client is responsible for building and improving features that delight our customers. We work with customer reviews, emails, tools for authors and librarians, and more! We're looking for an engineer who likes working close to the end user experience to help us tackle projects that'll directly affect millions of our customers.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will develop customer-facing experiences in a fast paced environment. You will provide hands-on coding & development, and should be comfortable working in an environment where code is pushed into production multiple times in a day.
- At least 4 + years of industry experience.
- A BS in Computer Science or a related degree
- At least 4 + years expertise in coding & software engineering in Java, C++, or Ruby.
- At least 2 + years in working on large scale data sets using SQL & NoSQL technologies
- Experience with NoSQL AWS data stores like DynamoDB, CloudSearch or their open source equivalents like Cassandra, HBase, Solr or ElasticSearch
- Experience with MySQL, Redis, Memcache and related web-backend technologies.
- Experience with data pipelines (Kafka, AWS Kinesis, AWS Data Pipeline)
- Experience building web applications, widgets, or interactive experiences.