Software Application Developer
Michigan, Holland-Grand Haven
Are you passionate about software application development? Are you interested in providing highly scalable and high quality solutions to your customers? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize and expand your skillset working in Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Seeking an Application Developer as part of the Information Technology team at our subsidiary in our Grand Haven, Michigan office. If you are looking for new challenges and an opportunity to drive results, we want you on the Application Development team!
As a member of the team, you will be hands on with a wide array of software applications and integrate with AWS technologies. You will use your skills and experience to participate in and deliver all phases of the project lifecycle. End to end ownership is yours. You will review requirements, propose solution designs, set project timelines, and be responsible to deliver agreed upon functionality within scope and on time. Following and establishing new best practices are keys to providing the highly consistent and scalable solutions needed to meet the demands of this key role.
Client is a full service publisher with three publishing imprints, sales and distribution operations for published print books, and audiobook publishing operations. We continue to build out web applications, mobile applications, machine learning, and voice recognition technologies to support our future business online, offline, and in digital.
: Develops and maintains applications and software for web based enterprise applications.
: Write efficient and bug free code and solutions.
: Works with all departments to define and document business requirements.
: Prepares diagrams, design documentation, and project documents.
: Thoroughly test code and verify performance to requirements prior to UAT and launch
: Writes clear, concise and detailed solution design and technical documentation.
: Compiles, organizes, analyzes and uses technical data to solve problems.
: Delivers projects (design, coding, testing, implementation, and support) on time and within budget.
- Proven track record of delivering quality software applications
- 2 years' experience with SQL and relational databases
- 2+ years' experience with the .NET (Core) framework
- 2+ years' experience working in the cloud (AWS) integrating services
- Demonstrated ability to estimate work effort and deliver accordingly
- Proven ability to execute a root cause analysis and provide a permanent fix
- Demonstrated ability to fully test and verify code in order to provide bug free solutions to business partners or customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- College degree in related field
- 4+ years of programming and business requirements analysis
- Experience creating internal and external facing web sites and applications.
- Experience with Team City and Team Foundation Server
- Ability to translate business requirements into detailed solution designs
- Proven ability to work with and engage business partners throughout the project lifecycle.