Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Holland, MI 49424 US
- Stage all purchased parts into job cart locations. Track parts for job on picklist and notify appropriate team members of discrepancies.
- Coordinate with Parts and Components (P&C) and Logistics Manager for P&C orders.
- Compare identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Review shipments prior to shipping to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipment.
- Prepare shipment by choosing container, effectively packaging goods in container. Affix shipping labels on packed cartons identifying shipment information. Post weights and shipping charges and affixes to container.
- Unpack and inspect incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with Purchasing Team to rectify damages/shortages with vendor. Route items to department or to inventory location.
- Process incoming items to the purchase orders in manufacturing database.
- Prepare shipping documentation for P&C orders for all products shipped.
- Relieve inventory for P&C jobs in manufacturing database once completed to insure accuracy of inventory in database to actual.
- Perform procedures necessary to transfer shipment data to accounting for invoicing.
- Pull and deliver jobs to assembly when requested.
- Process all customer RGAs and vendor returns.
- Prepare weekly cycle count of stockroom.
- Keep stockroom organized by maintaining location master, sets up preferred locations and recommend min/max levels for inventory stocked.
- Work closely with all department in setting up and maintaining MRP
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products including Excel and Word
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities
- Ability to actively listen, process information and communicate effectively
- Ability to work competently and efficiently
- Ability to adjust to changing circumstances
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player
- Previous experience with hi lo driving, loading and operating large equipment preferred
- One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.