Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Tampa, FL 33607 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
- Reviewing current manufacturing operations and component designs to ensure manufacturing feasibility for new designs or proposed changes.
- Initiating changes to improve product quality and manufacturability.
- Analyzing manufacturing performance data to identify improvement opportunities and deploying appropriate improvement tools/principles (e.g., 8D, Lean, Six Sigma).
- Orchestrating capital and tooling analysis, justification, and acquisitions.
- Developing specifications and managing project timing for new product launches and modifications with supplier partners.
- Creating and maintaining capacity planning strategies for manufacturing equipment.
- Researching, designing, and developing manufacturing processes, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Preparing detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Developing PFMEAs, Control Plans, SPC charts, and Operator Description Sheets for assigned products.
- Developing training criteria for production team members and assisting with training orchestration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, or related technical degree.
- 7 - 10 years of engineering work experience in manufacturing operations.
- Program and/or project management experience, leading large capital or improvement projects.
- Strong leadership skills, promoting teamwork, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
- Lean manufacturing trained with a track record of leading teams through successful Kaizen events.
- Lean certification preferred, with Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) training.
- Experience implementing and improving quality systems in ISO/AS/TS environments.
- Proficiency in blueprint interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experience with AutoCAD software for detailed layouts.
- Highly desired: Fluid Power Controls training & applications experience.
- Subject Matter expertise in a minimum of two of the following metal part manufacturing environments: Turning, grinding (ID, OD, and Centerless), honing, lapping, washing (Recirculating spray, Immersion, Ultrasonic).
- APICS skills/certification (Materials/Production Control).
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) orchestration knowledge.
- Knowledge of Automation Engineering and/or Robotics Engineering.
- Allen Bradley PLC programming experience.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits.
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise.