Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Oldsmar, FL 34677 US
Our client, a medical device manufacturer located in West Tampa is seeking a Senior Accountant for a full time/permanent onsite position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience required
- Fifth year of Post Graduate Accounting classes or Master's Degree in Accounting preferred
Previous Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting position with demonstrated competency in account reconciliations required
- 1 year+ of Inventory and Cost Accounting experience preferred
- 2 years+ of Fixed Asset Roll forward experience preferred
- Intermediate Office 365 (Word, Outlook) skills required
- High proficiency with advanced Excel functions including Xlookups and Pivot Tables required
- Previous experience with accounting functions in an ERP system required
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger account reconciliations for all types of accounts, including cash, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets and intangibles, to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger reliability.
- Improve accounting systems by creating useful suggestions, reports, reconciliations, and analysis.
- Manage ASC 842 Lease Compliance.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Roll forward.
- Maintain Sales Tax Compliance with multiple states.
- Assist with financial statement preparation for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including consolidations.
- Provide support for researching and problem solving for outstanding accounting issues.
- Assist with the annual external financial audit.
- Assist with inventory counts and monthly reporting.
- Cross-train duties with AP/AR Lead.
- Other duties as assigned.
Leadership Competency Expectations:
- Coaching and Developing Others ? Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships ? Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Listening Actively ? Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others ? Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others in a respectful manner.
- Developing and Building Teams ? Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Leading by Example ? Displaying reliability, holding oneself accountable for one's actions, remaining open to listening to alternative viewpoints, maintaining a growth mindset and behavior.
- Ability to create new analysis and reconciliations with little guidance.
- Timely completion of assigned reconciliations to facilitate a five-business day monthly close.
- Monthly Sales Tax Reporting.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and status as a protected veteran.