Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Spring Lake, MI 49456 US
As the Controls Engineer, you will lead the overall Controls Engineering & Robotic Integration Strategy and oversee the deployment. You will have the opportunity to perform and/or assist in the design, build, and approval of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls, as well as program and troubleshoot Fanuc and ABB robotic controls. You will also assist in the preparation of control standards and technical manuals for our high-volume manufacturing environment.
Not only will you have the opportunity to utilize your technical expertise in this role, but you'll also be a part of a company that values continuous improvement and encourages its employees to think outside the box. Our client has a collaborative and supportive culture, offering ongoing professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career.
We'd also like to encourage junior-level controls engineers to apply for this exciting opportunity as a 2nd shift Controls Engineer. If you're ready to take on a new challenge and be a part of a leading organization in the mobility industry, don't miss out on the chance to make a real impact - apply now!
- Lead controls engineering and robotic integration strategy
- Design and build electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls
- Program and troubleshoot robotics
- Assist in control standards and technical manuals
- Research and develop control systems
- Assist operations in correcting control issues
- Contact vendors for control equipment
- Train plant personnel on technical subjects
- Coordinate with company and external individuals on equipment design and installation
- Maintain control specifications
- Work on bid packages
- Ensure safety protocols are met
- Participate in equipment run-offs
- Possibility of supervising other controls engineers or technicians
- Bachelor's degree in electrical controls or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of electronics, mechanical equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, CNC controls, and robotics
- Expertise in Fanuc and ABB programming and troubleshooting
- Strong problem-solving skills, communication skills, and ability to delegate responsibilities
- Experience with PLCs (Fanuc, Siemens)
- Minimum of 1 year experience