Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Battle Creek, MI 49037 US
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of plant quality systems in support of IATF16949 and other industry standards.
- Proficient in Tolerancing & Tolerance Stack-up requirements.
- Overseeing all Quality assurance processes and procedures in the plant Mentoring & developing quality engineers
- Abiding by IATF16949 requirements
- Maintaining appropriate quality audit documentation
- Altering inspection methods and detailed problem solving
- Working with the corporate HQ on corporate quality initiatives
- Working alongside engineering on new prototypes Create problem-solving teams and Kaizen events to improve quality and operating performance
- Customer interaction Managing the APQP and PPAP submission process
- Acting as a liaison for any quality-related customer concerns
- Development of required documentation to support the Product Development Process and in accordance with Customer requirements (e.g. APQP, PPAP and FMEA).
- Participate in the development and maintenance of institutionalized quality systems (e.g. TS & ISO).
- Maintain Control Plans, Work and Gage Instructions..
- Understand and provide interpretation of GD&T data. Lead problem-solving efforts relating to production quality issues.
- Facilitate activities to establish plant-specific policies, procedures and instructions in support of corporate, customer and industry quality standards.
- Stay abreast of Corporate Quality requirements and incorporate them into plant quality systems.
- Act as the 'voice of the customer' within the plant.
- Manage document control activities within the plant. Facilitate problem-solving activities.
- Coordinate auditing and verification activities to ensure plant systems are in accordance with documented procedures and systems
- Coordinate responses to customer-specific audits and assessments.
- Manage activities necessary to monitor customer portals and respond to customer issues, as required. Support launch team as requested with assistance in customer required documentation (e.g. PPAP, Control Plans, PFMEA's, etc.).
- Bachelors in Engineering or related field required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem-solving tools (e.g. 5 Why, 8D, Root Cause Analysis, A4, etc.).
- 8+ years of automotive quality engineering experience
- 3+ years of Quality Management experience