Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
Currently Seeking a strong Quality Engineer.
The Quality Engineer is responsible to evaluate production processes for consistent quality. Identify root causes to issues and implement sustainable corrective actions. Develop, train, and implement the best practices consistent with Lean Manufacturing methods.
* Validate product quality by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production, documenting parameters, determining operational and performance qualification, writing and maintaining quality assurance procedures.
* Maintains and improves product quality through auditing (product, company, system, compliance) procedures, investigation of customer complaints, collaborating with other company and supplier members to develop product and manufacturing requirements, and train personnel on the necessary requirements.
* Preparation of quality documentation and reports through collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends (including failed processes), corrective actions, and root cause implementation (internally and at supplier locations).
* Ability and knowledge to effectively communicate directly with supplier quality and engineering personnel regarding product requirements.
* Work closely with the manufacturing teams to resolve issues affecting product quality, process efficiency and workflow.
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
* Bachelor s Degree