Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Property Unit Manager
Sarasota, FL 34232 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
- Attracts, retains, and develops talent.
- Orients and on-boards within the claims department.
- Manages staff performance; implements strategies and plans to address staff development, including field independent adjusters; identifies and addresses training needs on an ongoing basis; provides frequent performance feedback.
- Effective plans retention; proactively manages and responds to turnover.
- Provides compelling claim services.
- Develops and executes a strategic file management plan that achieves optimal file resolution and business results.
- Provides face-to-face and written guidance to ensure effectiveness, engagement, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Conducts quality file reviews per best practices guidelines.
- Implements strategies and initiatives to improve file quality, and customer service, and manages costs.
- Drives the Information Advantage.
- Successfully leverages data, management information, and technology to identify and make the most of opportunities to support business strategies and improve results.
- Achieves Optimal Solutions.
- Focuses on resolution and process improvement, fulfilling all obligations while maximizing cost effectiveness, helping the business understand drivers, trends, and product stress points, and helping our partners attract and retain business.
- Operates within the agreed expense budget to achieve optimal business results through productivity, appropriate resource allocation, inventory management, and loss adjustment expense.
- Partner for Mutual Success.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, business partners, customers, agents, regulatory agencies, and others to achieve organizational goals and create better outcomes.
- Participates in business meetings and agency visits as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in the Claims Management environment; multi-state experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of the claim process at all levels, as well as the ability to evaluate large and complex claims is required.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative atmosphere with other vendors.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to analyze facts and make decisions, self-starter, and have excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent negotiation skills.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Adjuster's license(s) (where applicable) required or successfully acquired within 60 days of hire.
- AIC is a plus.
- A professional designation that is specific to claims is a plus.