Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
Our client is looking to hire a Production Scheduler for a permanent hire in the Great Grand Rapids area.
* Document customer-related calls, e-mail, etc. And follow-up, as required
* Process orders from customers and incorporate into QAD.
* Plan and schedule manufacturing requirements to support customer demand.
* Communicate customer changes or updates to appropriate departments ops, purchasing, etc.
* Communicate to shipping department(s) due dates, date changes, transportation requests etc.
* Communicate with quality department(s) problems or questions regarding product quality.
* Communicate with engineering any issues relating to APQP Teams, BOM s or other issues.
* Communicate daily production status and or issues with specific equipment or tooling.
* Plan, release and monitor material requirements needed for production process.
* Plan, release and monitor all outsourcing activities including, molding, processing and painting.
* Participate in inventory reduction or accuracy related activities as required.
* Communicate with peers regarding shared resources and/or concerns about shared resources.
* Participate, as needed, in internal problem solving/improvement activities.
* Key in on-time delivery information, as required.
* Member of the Launch team representing the Materials Department as required.
* Communicate with customers as it pertains to current or future order releases/status.
* Act as a backup for peers and coworkers within the materials department as needed.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Responsible for reviewing ERP outputs such as action messages, shortage reports, requisition list, work with purchasing to confirm lead times, MOQ; s.