Michigan, Lansing-East Lansing
Product Engineer - Opening
* Support the program manager as required to ensure a successful launch of assigned programs through the APQP process.
* Lead the prototype and pre-production build requirements for assigned programs and maintain a 100% on time delivery.
* Assist in design and feasibility analysis by providing mock-ups and prototype part development.
* Participate in the training of production team members during start-up phases as required.
* Participate in launch team meeting as required.
* Create all exploded views for programs
* Lead the analysis and corrective action process relative to gage and cmm issues, secondary fixtures, paint supports and tooling as directed by the program manager.
* Execute and implement ECNs both internally and externally generated.
* Support creation of work instructions for equipment to hand off to production
* Lead the analysis and corrective action process for fit/dimensional problems, supplier issues, and other build concerns as directed by the program manager.
* Conduct dimensional analysis and corrective action as required to support
* PPAP / ISIR, capability, and troubleshooting activity.
* Complete special projects, improvement ideas, VA/VE and assignments as directed by the APQP engineering manager.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Perform and support all New Equipment Run Offs
* Maintain Prototype Part Inventory
* Actively participate and contribute to VA/VE & other cost savings initiatives.
* Provide cost and timing associated with assigned ECNs, supplier parts, gages and tooling as required to support program objectives as directed by the program manager.
* Maintain an up-to-date open issues tracking report using the format currently in place.
* Identify all action items requiring completion to successfully meet deadlines and follow- up required to meet program timelines and milestones. Implement adequate scheduling to allow for the support of various programs that will meet or exceed customer expectations for sample submission, prototype parts and pre-production parts delivered 100% on time.