Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Grand Rapids, MI 49512 US
- ***Must have experience with CREO and Windchill.
- Desirable: Wood, Plastic, Sheet metal product design
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Ability to use a variety of methods and techniques in solving technical issues
- Engage in learning and personal development designed to expand capability and expertise
- Technology/Engineering Analysis & Methodology: Ability to apply mechanical engineering principles, mechanical properties, material science, manufacturing processes and procedures, and tooling as they relate to the engineering of a product. Must also have an understanding of handling, packaging, distribution and environmental strategies as they relate to product design/material usage decisions
- Research, Innovation and Concept Analysis: Ability to research and gather information, generate creative engineering/design solutions, and evaluate the overall relative value of different concepts, ideas and designs in support of stated goals
- Economic Analysis: Ability to understand/interpret product and tooling cost data, economic principles and profit/loss analysis as they relate to the engineering of a product.
- Systems, Procedures & Standards: Ability to apply appropriate standards and protocol that govern the design/engineering process
- Computer Skills: Ability to guide and/or create CAD (Pro/E) models to document and analyze the engineering/mechanical aspects of the design and utilize other computer applications and software
- Business Industry Knowledge: Ability to acquire knowledge of the office furniture industry, organization, processes, products, standards and information systems.
- Interpersonal: Ability to work with peers and management in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Administrative: Ability to work on multiple assignments and effectively manage time and priorities
- Communication: Ability to communicate technical information with all audiences
- Understands how products function in the market
- Has a high level of inquisitiveness in a large number of areas - not just furniture
- Is able to see multiple solutions to a problem; stays mentally open rather than prematurely choosing the 'best solution'
- Approaches and draws inspiration from a variety of sources
- Has the ability to see solutions in other, sometimes unexpected, places and apply them to a challenging problem
- Has a broad range of interests and a multidisciplinary point of view
- Has an appreciation for Industrial Design, Marketing, Finance, Project Management, Quality, Operations, etc.
- Has a love for exploring new ideas, places, and things inside and outside of work
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar is required
- A minimum of 4 years engineering experience.