Product Development Technician
Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
- Development of Nutritional Facts Panels, Ingredient Statements, and Allergen Statements from formulation, laboratory data and research. Maintain the label database and insure all labels are created using the software and database (Genesis).
- Responsibility as key contact for routing of developed product labels.
- Review of packaged art of Manufactured foods to ensure food label compliance.
- Assist with new and existing Manufactured product improvement, potential cost reductions, and product research.
- Specification and document creation/acquisition from current vendors for product development projects. Conducts raw supplier validation through supplier site visits and inspection of incoming product. Provides recommendations to the Food Safety/Quality, Legal/Regulatory, and Manufacturing teams on acceptability of items.
- Performs sourcing activities through direct contact with suppliers and raw material validations
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Product development responsibility and ownership in assigned projects.
: Highly skilled at Genesis(ESHA R&D) or similar labeling program
: Skilled at specification development
: Skilled with manufacturing technology (ERP)
: Skilled at quality documentation BLEA update CFR knowledge
: Ability to handle multiple priorities
: Excellent project management skills with outstanding communication skills
: Work history with basic food science