Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Plastics Process Technician
Lansing, MI 48901 US
- Initiate machine process, make adjustments within process tolerance and recommend any changes for improved efficiencies to the Molding Process Engineering Manager.
- This includes but is not limited to crane operation, robotics and injection molding machines.
- Continually monitor all processes related to injection molding to ensure equipment is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Analyze and work to resolve any process problems.
- Resolve any product non-conformity issues that may arise per the request from the Production Team Leader or Production Manager.
- Assist the Molding Process Engineer in the set-up and start-up of new tools and resins for trial
- Teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the employee handbook consistent with the Employee Charter.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
- Clean all assigned work areas after completion of the required work, return all tools to proper storage area at the end of the shift and report any malfunctioning equipment to the Process Team Leader.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed in accordance with Company Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Process Team Leader.
- Associate"s Degree in a technical field of study required.
- 5+ years work related experience. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Course work relating to injection molding an asset.
- 5+ years experience working with injection molding in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience processing plastics and setting tools.
- Knowledge of automation systems and controls a must. Additional Information
- This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing or walking a minimum of eight (8) hours a day and
- The ability to lift up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- The ability to perform work that is below the knees and above the shoulders on an occasional basis.
- Ability to climb stairs is necessary. Good vision at a close distance is required.