Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Paint Engineering Manager
Lansing, MI 48917 US
- Coordinate the utilization of Paint facilities, equipment, machines, materials, and employees to meet performance objectives for the Paint Department.
- Lead and inspire Paint Department employees in their pursuit of continuous improvement, aligning with our clients philosophy.
- Provide training on TS-16949 requirements for the Paint Department and ensure strict compliance with procedures and work instructions.
- Contribute to the development of the Paint Department budget, ensuring accurate general ledger allocations and participating in budget reviews.
- Support advanced quality planning for new program development, including scheduling paint line tooling build-up and robot path development.
- Act as a cross-functional member of launch teams, driving successful program launches.
- Play a vital role in our clients strategic planning by identifying capital equipment needs for the Outside Paint Department, optimizing capacity for new business and improving costs for existing business.
- Manage capital equipment installations through suppliers and subcontracted services.
- Provide essential information for quoting new business or engineering changes to the Sales Administrator.
- Direct Outside Paint Department employees to accurately input data for reliable departmental performance reporting, process capability, and materials management.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping within the Outside Paint Department.
- Research and evaluate new technologies for cost-competitive applications on our manufacturing clients production lines.
- Ensure all accidents are promptly reported and investigations are completed within 24 hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering required. (Twelve years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Work experience combined with current schooling towards a degree will be considered.)
- Minimum five years of technical experience in painting automotive exterior decorative plastics required.
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational, communication, and people skills.
- Specific experience with FANUC robots.
- Previous experience in Paint Management.