Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
New Product Development Engineer
Sarasota, FL 34234 US
We are seeking a New Product Development Engineer to join our client, a leading manufacturer of wheelchair lifts for automobiles, stair lifts for the home, and residential and commercial vertical platform lifts.
This position works closely with the product management team and other functional leaders in the company while effectively communicating with the executive leadership team. Responsible for devising and effectively implementing a development methodology that ensures superior mobility products while also fostering and rewarding innovation and creativity within the engineering department.
- Ability to conceptualize new design then follow through to completion including all key product design stages: concept, design, technical drawings, prototype review, managing costs, sourcing, and launch.
- Responsible for developing the mechanical and electro-mechanical systems for lift products. Specific responsibilities include definition, documentation, prototyping, testing and debugging, qualification, and release to production of reliable and cost-effective solutions.
- Evaluate and optimize product concepts for function (e.g., fit, function, interference, etc.), manufacturability, packaging and material handling.
- Review/Approve finalized engineering product drawings with critical dimensions, performance specifications, GD&T and quality specifications (standards and test procedures).
- Generate product prototypes, perform product testing and ensure that new products function properly, meet specifications, and timing objectives.
- Develop and evaluate cost analysis for new and modified product concepts from design through production launch to maximize product value. Assist in the process of bringing the product to mass production.
- Work on special projects as assigned such as evaluating competitive products, evaluating custom structures related to curved stair lift mounting, new processes and technologies.
- Provides support for our Technical Service team to solve mechanical and electromechanical product quality problems with existing products.
- Responsible for new development to meet safety compliance requirements (FDA, CE, UL, FCC and others) and coordinate product compliance testing.
- Work on selection and standardization of key components.
- Work with resources that maintain engineering documentation such as bills of material, procedures and other types of engineering documentation in Document Control Database system.
- Plan and develop test plans and coordinate with internal testing resources and ensure the quality of testing and reporting.
- Conducts engineering studies on design for products, associated and subsystems components, and structures.
- Analyzes data to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and developments in industry.
- 5+ years Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering required from an ABET accredited University
- Design and development experience in mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- CAD experience with SolidWorks preferred.
- Design control experience through design and process verification and validation.
- Understanding and experience in product design and development such as Design for Test (DFT), Design for Manufacturability (DFM), DFMEA/PFMEA, FEA, GD&T, Risk Analysis and root cause investigations.
- Experience indicating strong planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, multi-task and set priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.