Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Land O Lakes, FL 34638 US
AJ's Power Source (AJPS) is a 35-year, Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) located just north of Tampa Florida, in Land O Lakes. Our key competitive advantage is a long history of supplying highly reliable electrical power conversion products and power engineering designs that are unique to our customers' requirements.
AJPS is a proven technology leader in power conversion designs. We manufacture highly reliable, ruggedized power supplies and backup power (Uninterruptible Power Supply) products for military, aerospace, industrial and commercial power applications.
We are a rapidly growing company offering opportunities for professional growth and advancement in a positive work environment.
We are looking for a hands-on Mechanical Engineer.
Here are some of the key responsibilities, skills and qualifications we would like to see:
- Responsible for the testing and development of existing electrical and power management systems.
- Support Sales Department in review and development of proposals for projects involving power systems and power electronics equipment, often with limited or non-existent reference designs.
- Identify, specify and select components typically used in power applications.
- Develop and enhance standardization, productivity, reliability, maintainability, cost reduction initiatives.
- Review product compliance to company standards, customer requirements, industry standards and regulations.
- Modifying and evaluating existing mechanical designs.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, design suitability, manufacturability, and reliability.
- Experience working with packaging and wiring of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Interpret customer and marketing requirements for new or modified products.
- Coordinates the activities for mechanical design, documentation, safe agency approvals and release of designs to manufacture.
- Responsible for root causes analysis on products and technical problems.
- Prepares user related documentation relative to technical design of products and components.
- Must have knowledge of electro-mechanical design, thermal analysis, trouble shooting, specification development, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, and written instructions.
- Experience with MIL-STD environmental testing a plus.
- Must be able to analyze and test new designs, methods, and components with a focus on Design for
- Proficient in the use of hand tools, thermal measurements, and thermal chambers.
- Able to write test procedures and develop test fixturing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, EXCEL, ACCESS, SOLIDWORKS is a plus.
- Able to delegate and manage a team of engineers and work across disciplines in cross functional teams.
- Able to communicate effectively and develop professional relationships with peers, colleagues, and customers.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering or Physical Science and/or 3 to 7 years related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using relevant 3D CAD and/or simulation software with three to five-year experience using applicable industry standards.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems.
- Familiarity of MIL-Standards for afloat, ground, and airborne environments.
- Experience with battery charging, packaging, and wiring.