Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Black Creek, GA 31308 US
1. Conforms to and operates within the framework of all applicable operator work instructions, SOPs, quality, and safety procedures.
2. Operate various machinery in designated area of responsibility (mill, lathe, gundrill, etc.) at an acceptable production level.
3. Participates in weekly toolbox meetings on safety and quality issues.
4. Properly and safely loads and unloads raw materials in CNC machinery in accordance with the operator work instructions.
5. Monitor machine for unusual sound or vibration.
6. Remove finished product, debur edges, and blend imperfections.
7. Assess tools and monitor for wear. Notify appropriate personnel for replacement if needed.
8. Monitor, check and test the quality of parts produced in accordance with inspection sheets and work instructions using micrometers, dial indicators, hard gauging and other precision measuring instruments.
9. Clean and maintain machine, tooling, and fixtures to keep equipment in optimal production condition.
10. Maintain proper housekeeping of work area; Keep all machines, tools, and equipment and work surfaces free of oil, grease, etc.
11. Properly clocks in and out of ERP for time and attendance and production work orders. Accurately records production quantities.
12. Prevent and reduce clutter; always improve organization.
13. Detect and notify supervision of faulty machine operations, defective materials and unusual conditions.
14. Properly follow and maintain documents such as travel tickets, inspection sheets, PM logs, product non-conformance reports and others as determined by management.
15. Work as a member of a team, under general supervision.
16. Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1+ years of prior CNC experience or related experience and/or training (preferred in a manufacturing, production and assembly environment) preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
2. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
3. May be required to work varying shifts as needed.
4. Ability to pass the basic skills assessment in Mathematics, Metrology, Blue Print Reading and Operator Work Instructions.
5. Must have a level of manual dexterity to perform all job functions.
6. Ability to perform as part of a team and to cooperate and work proactively with others.
7. Flexibility and willingness to learn new process techniques.
8. Great attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
9. Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work under deadlines and pressure.
1. Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 pounds.
2. Requires constant standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the work day.
3. Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include working in and around moving parts, chemicals, lights/lasers, etc.
4. Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment for the duration of work schedule.