Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Montague, MI 49437 US
Our manufacturing client in the North Muskegon, MI area is seeking a sharp mechanically inclined Manufacturing Engineer with CNC machining experience to join a growing team.
This position will involve:
- Monitor OEE, production cost per part, scrap, and perform process development to assure product quality, timely deliveries, continuing cost-effectiveness, and profitability.
- Develop and execute new manufacturing plans and methods, process, production equipment, PM and tool engineering, and maintenance techniques to maximize productivity, lower costs, and provide high quality.
- Determine capital equipment needs, recommend the purchase of proper equipment, and supervise installation and debugging of equipment to ensure on-time delivery of cost-effective equipment meeting specification and capability requirements.
- Evaluate new product designs, working closely with Product Engineering to ensure optimum manufacturing capabilities utilizing Continuous Improvement and manufacturability designs.
- Validate production processes using statistical methods to provide world-class manufacturing capabilities and maximum effectiveness of equipment and processes.
- Prepare and present project reports, test reports, status and monthly activity reports, and manufacturing studies to keep the supervisor fully aware of activities and progress.
- Create process documentation, operational work instructions, and other supporting documentation as required to support our client's operations and the customers" needs. Safety needs to be a top priority in the implementation of new procedures.
- Establish and maintain engineering standards, records, and systems to allow proper design, improvement, and manufacturing equipment maintenance.
- Interface with customer engineering departments to ensure that all products and processes exceed customer requirements.
- Support and input information for PPAP requirements as required for changes and launches.
- Support the 6S efforts across the machining department.
- Demonstrate leadership skills when leading process improvements. Use of formal problem-solving approach to issues identified by Quality and Production
- Being able to work and perform well under pressure to meet a customer deadline
- Being able to communicate with different departments to meet the customer deadlines and requirements
- Understanding powder metal removing.
- Basic knowledge of cutting tools types & applications, CNC machine operation, and measurement equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 5+ years' design and quality control experience in product manufacturing
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- History of progressive responsibility a plus
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs