Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Grand Rapids, MI 49512 US
Our client in the Greater Grand Rapids, MI area is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a contract to hire and is responsible for improving and maintaining the production process in the manufacturing facility. This includes designing and implementing new production systems, troubleshooting and resolving production issues, and identifying and implementing process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce costs. If you are a dedicated and detail-oriented professional with a passion for manufacturig, we encourage you to APPLY for this exciting opportunity.
This posiiton is responsible for:
- leading the introduction of new products into the facility, improve productivity and profitability of existing production procedures, and provide ongoing support through the manufacturing life cycle. They will also act as a technical expert in process technology.
- New product introductions: Lead projects with overall responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of new products of broad scope/impact into the plant. Assures that new products meet the established cost/profit targets, that they are implemented per schedules and on budget, and they conform to manufacturing capabilities. Coordinates the establishment of economical process for new products with other technical areas. Evaluates whether to make or purchase parts/products.
- Improvements: Independently, with innovation and creativity, evaluates manufacturing processes to ensure optimal labor and material costs to increase productivity and profitability. Through justifications and evaluations, identifies prime areas for improvement. Tracks expenditures to ensure outlays are within budgeted amounts. Identifies, reduces, and eliminates worker exposures to ergonomic stress in the workplace.
- Floor Support: Provides timely product and process support for any manufacturing area to diagnose problems and implement solutions to minimize interruptions to production.
- Special Projects: Leads the implementation of significant product, process, or other corporate change initiatives being introduced into the plant.
- Strategic/Manufacturing Planning: Provides advanced research to introduce/integrate new processes, equipment, and technologies into the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related engineering field
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience with Wood/fabric/upholstery/steel and metal forming experience is a plus
- New product launch experience is a plus
- Supporting or creating a PD&L schedule and project managing it to completion is beneficial