Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Maintenance Technician (1st shift)
Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US
- Work safely, following safety work instructions or designated safety procedures (such as Lock Out Tag Out).
- Lead development of cell(s) during launch to de-bug and assist in correcting all tooling, robotic, controls, weld cycles, and all other equipment-related improvements.
- Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and carry out remedial actions.
- Supports all necessary data collection required for cell and product improvement initiatives.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules
- Inspect all machinery for defects and potential problems in accordance with the preventative maintenance program; repair and replace parts as required.
- Perform general equipment maintenance duties as required e.g. cleaning, oiling, and greasing machines according to the preventative maintenance program.
- Lead efficiency and cycle time improvement.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and assist in its implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Modify existing equipment and install new equipment as required/approved by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electric/electronic system faults, tune equipment and ensure adequate controls and safety measures are functional.
- Carry out monthly and yearly electrical maintenance procedures, repairing/or replacing parts as required, in accordance with our client's preventative maintenance program.
- Contribute to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment by applying the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support).
- Assists in documenting current processes, equipment settings, and downtime codes.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of hydraulics and pneumatics experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read blueprints