Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Machine Design Engineer
Holland, MI 49423 US
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Confers with manufacturing and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing equipment considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Designs products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.