Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
This position ensures a high service, cost effective logistics network. Proactively searches out ways of reducing costs and improving services.
Manages the logistics service provider performance measurement process. Develops network models, identifies inefficiencies and implements improvements to current logistics activities.
- Identify, quantify, and assist in the implementation of service and cost improvements.
- Perform continuous analysis for improving department processes and procedures.
- Bachelor' s degree in Business Administration with 2 years of experience or equivalent logistics experience.
- In lieu of formal education, at least 6 years of progressive related experience in logistics related fields.
- 2+ years' experience in logistics/supply chain preferred.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and data mining solutions are required.