Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Lead PCBA Hardware Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI 49525 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Excellent Opportunity with Global Manufacturing Company!
Lead Electronic Hardware Engineer
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
The Lead Hardware Engineer is responsible for leading the development critical technical aspects of multiple projects and/or specific product systems and components. As a part of their project responsibilities, the Lead Engineer works with and provides direction to other engineers and designers in order to meet key project and development milestones. In this role he/she will manage product and development for hardware functions in engineering activities carried out by our client and other suppliers' technical staff to ensure that requirements are met for his/her assigned projects. This person will also be a critical link in technical communications both within the company (product development and cross functional groups) and with outside suppliers to execute the technical aspects of projects.
The Lead Embedded Hardware Engineer is expected to have experience in the design, analysis and evaluation of hardware and firmware to provide guidance and recommendations to strategic decisions electrical, electronic, and software systems into developments of new floor care products, including robotic vacuum products. This person will have Electrical Engineering experience for both hardware and software components and their integration to support new product development. Candidate is expected to have experience in the design, analysis, implementation, and evaluation of electronics hardware. Candidate is expected to provide guidance and recommendations to strategic decisions related to these areas. Candidate will be expected to work with internal and external contributors, both foreign and domestic in origin to ensure product development from concept to shelf.
- Degree minimum: Bachelor's degree in EE or CE (Master's preferred)
- Specific concentration: Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar. A broad understanding of embedded systems is needed to be successful, including but not limited to: microprocessors, microcontrollers, detection systems, embedded software architecture, circuit design, controls theory, simulation, power supplies, motors and batteries.
- Experience level: 7+ or more years in Embedded Hardware Development of similar products
- Component selection, PCBA layout, design analysis, and hardware troubleshooting
- Strength in engineering fundamentals and technical problem solving
- Work on multiple new product development projects simultaneously
- Experience in test development and analysis of test results
- Electronics Design Experience: Basic design of High Voltage (120VAC and 220VAC) Input Power Supplies, low voltage (< 12 VDC) analog input design, 3V3 and 5VDC logic design. Experience with EMF and ESD design mitigation techniques. Experience with Altium PCBA design tools.
- Embedded System Experience: Understanding of microcontroller based PCBA and firmware design, distributed systems, safety critical systems, and the definition of communication and power interfaces.
- Battery Systems: Experience with lithium-ion battery packs and charging systems.
- Machine Control Technologies: Experience in developing embedded systems to drive loads such as motors, pumps, and fans. Experience in developing sensor-based product features with infrared, ultrasonic, capacitive, or RF sensing technologies.
- User Interface Technologies: Experience in incorporating electronics to support user interfaces including technologies such as LCD display, LED lighting, capacitive touch, and audio.
- Systems Analysis: Familiarity with trade studies in system design based on constrained resources. Experience in system performance simulation using tools and languages like SPICE, Python, and Matlab.