Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Junior DevOps Engineer
Sarasota, FL 34232 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft windows environment including diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and networking systems issues when they arise.
- Good understanding of the software development process and ability to identify a manual process that can be automated.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Develops, tests, and maintains build and deployment scripts in selected frameworks (Jenkins/GitHub) to automate and streamline deployment processes.
- Design processes and workflows with the collaboration of the Development leadership toward the implementation of best practices for productivity and efficiency.
- Actively participate in scrum and design meetings to drive quality releases, as needed.
- Monitor applications and production environments and take proactive measures to identify potential bottlenecks and remediations.
- Produce and maintain documentation on installations, procedures, and requirements for systems including activity dashboard(s).
- Ensure availability, reliability, and optimal performance of systems and services by developing the ability to interpret monitoring, logging, and alerting systems output.
- Enhance the company's IT infrastructure security protocols.
- Provide after-hours support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4+ years' work experience & minimum of 2+ years in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of SDLC methodologies, and source control - i.e., Git, Active Directory, SQL, Networking, Tomcat Administration, Java, Jenkins, and Groovy.
- Thorough understanding of server administration, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Understanding of configuration management - installation and configuration of infrastructure.
- Prior experience with Splunk, is desirable.
- Knowledge of and understanding of security, confidentiality, and customer data protection procedures.
- Understand Process Automation and implementation and management of CI/CD
- Working knowledge of virtualization and hyper-converged technologies.
- Ability to explain and document technical concepts to inexperienced users.
- Prior exposure to Guidewire's Insurance Suite platform, is desirable.
- Not required, although IT certifications and/or licenses are desired.
- Guidewire Administration Certification desired and/or Guidewire familiarity.