Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
IT Procurement Specialist
Tallahassee, FL 32399 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
- Day-to-day tasks include: processing requisitions, purchase orders, quotes, supplier management, conducting market research, negotiating pricing, establishing terms and conditions for services, resolving invoice discrepancies, and communicating the status of purchases with internal customers.
- Create and manage requests for quotations (RFQs), requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFI), Invitation for Negotiate (ITN) and managing supplier relationships.
- Provide technical assistance and training to department staff on contract monitoring practices.
- Negotiate, write and maintain the Technology contracts, purchase orders and procurement.
- Coordinate solicitation and contract workflow for the Division including coordinating and negotiation interactions throughout vendor selection and procurement process.
- Provides technical guidance to division staff in the development of Scopes of Work (SOW) providing guidance to division staff regarding necessary changes, improvements and additions to the SOW for contracts.
- Resolves discrepancies with outside vendors and internal.
- 5+ years' experience working in Procurement in technology purchasing of hardware, software, and services.
- Proven ability and experience in executing procurement programs, successful negotiations, and vendor relationship management.
- Experience with complex, multi-level, multi-vendor procurement processes and contracting procedures, especially in government organizations.
- Experience in managing federal funding and the reporting necessary to support the use of those funds.
- Experience managing and monitoring technology contracts and vendors.
- Experience with the state budget process.
- Excellent writing skills so that information can be communicated clearly.
- Understanding of federal and state fiscal rules and procurement policies