Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Grand Rapids, MI 49512 US
This position will be the head of HR for the plant and will oversee a small team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads/trains/develops a team of 5-6 HR professionals
- Strategizes ways to improve employee relations throughout the plant
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals Keeps record of insurance coverage, pension plan and personnel transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews and terminations.
- Directs the Workers' Compensation, medical and safety programs of the plant.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier
- Monitors the corrective action process to ensure fairness and consistency is maintained
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Keeps records of hired employee characteristics for governmental purposes
- Administers all company benefits plans and programs for group insurance, hospitalization, retirement and vacations
- Directs training efforts of the plant through in-plant training and programs designed to improve team member skills in production, quality and safety.
- Knows corporate personnel policies and supports the same. Improves plant personnel policies, sometimes designing and formalizing local policies as needed.
- Directs the implementation of appropriate channels of communication.
- Oversees recruiting efforts for the plant and ensures Recruiters and Generalists are filling high-priority positions. Being involved in the interview process for higher-level salaried roles.
- Ensures that color accuracy and color verification tests are performed on selected team members and records are maintained in the appropriate location.
- Maintains individual development plans, records and matrices.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of Human resources experience
- 5+ years of experience in an HR Manager capacity within a manufacturing environment
- 6+years of automotive manufacturing industry experience