Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Google Go / Typescript Software Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Google Go/Typescript Software Engineer
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Work Environment - Hybrid. Looking for individuals who are comfortable working from the office as well as remotely.
During orientation Candidates hired are expected to be in the office, with a hybrid work model available later on.
We are seeking experienced Google Go / Typescript Software Engineers for a Software Development Client in the Grand Rapids, MI job market.
These roles are for dedicated individuals to join a small but growing Software Engineering team. Multiple needs exist with compensation commensurate with a Candidate's experience and qualifications.
As a software engineer, you will work on a variety of Commercial Software Products, both web-based and local applications using a Tech Stack that can include -- Go, TypeScript, Node.js, Java, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes. If you don't have all of them, you must be eager to learn the ones you don't.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving Feature Sets in a full-stack environment, including microservices in Node.js/Typescript, front-ends in Rails/React, and various backends like Elasticsearch. These applications are deployed on the Google Cloud Platform with Kubernetes, and you will work with many flavors of Linux, Unix, and Windows.
This firm hires true Software Engineers who always want to use the best programming tool for the job at-hand and love to learn new languages and tools. This firm doesn't expect new hires to be an expert in everything they're using, but they do require you to be able to pick up new technologies quickly.
Their culture is very team-oriented and tight-knit where everyone lends a hand to help their fellow team members when they have skills or strengths that need to be shared.
This firm is led by industry experts who are now designing and building the next generation of IT Systems Monitoring tools. So if you're passionate about software development and want to be a part of a dynamic and growing startup, this firm is one you need to meet.
- Writing software to implement new features and fix bugs identified by the Product Owners and QA, primary focus is on Google Go / TypeScript
- Understanding, interpreting, and challenging technical requirements and assumptions from Product Owners
- Researching new technologies to become a subject matter expert in them
- Developing automation tooling and process improvements to increase software development efficiency
- Participating in daily stand-ups and product meetings
- Sharing project status, risks, and blockers to appropriate stakeholders
- Participating in continuous learning to improve as a Software Engineer
- Experience with at least one strongly typed programming language, and a desire to work in TypeScript and Go (required)
- Experience developing software in at least one web stack (required)
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team (required)
- Customer-focused work style to service internal customers (required)
- Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience (required)
- Previous programming experience with Go and/or TypeScript (preferred)
- Experience with a variety of operating systems, including Linux, Unix, and Windows (preferred)
- Experience developing software for the Mac OS (preferred)
- Experience with cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure (preferred)