Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Grand Rapids, MI 49506 US
- Support the development and deployment of a strategic plan to advance the region's mission and objectives and promote revenue, profitability and growth in line with Divisional and Corporate strategies.
- Lead, develop and motivate Plant Directors to ensure operational excellence in all areas and targets (e.g. production, quality, profit, cost etc.) to meet and contribute to a wide range of business targets.
- Full deployment of the company's standardized operating system, including plant standard organization and standardized production processes in all plants.
- Work in collaboration with Manufacturing/Process Engineering to optimize the operational efficiency strategy Develop strong and effective relationships with key internal external stakeholders. *Oversee operations to ensure safety, production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources.
- Oversee Lean activities and drive a culture of continuous improvement and employee involvement
- Approve regional operational procedures, policies and standards.
- Review external reports and financial statements to determine changes in market conditions and revise business objectives and plans accordingly.
- Provide planned and ad hoc reporting to executives at all levels of the corporation on organizational plans, results and business performance.
- Actively drive and support all aspects of the company's culture, ethics, and values, including being an obvious practitioner and lead by example.
- Proactively communicate with appropriate internal departments and functional support leaders in a manner the sets them up for success.
- Other duties as assigned Strategic Partner
- Develop and achieve the agreed upon strategic & operational goals.
- Take corrective actions where performance deviates from plan to continue achieving operational goals
- Manage full and complete P&L performance.
- Establish & maintain appropriate monitoring systems, ensuring effective measures, controls and reporting mechanisms exist.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders including strategic OEM customers, key suppliers and local authorities (where needed).
- Lead the development and implementation of common processes, systems, standards and tools in full alignment with Divisional and Corporate standards.
- Closely manage financial status to ensure targets are achieved. Business Support
- Proactively support functions in all business situations, to ensure functions meet their strategy, business goals and functional requirements
- Deploy company standards within area of responsibility
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and ensure the effective execution of CI plan Manage Relationships
- Ensure plants meet or exceed customer requirements in terms of product / service delivery timescales and quality.
- Manage escalated issues including quality concerns
- Proactively develop, build and maintain working partnerships inside and outside the company, including customers and suppliers to further business performance
- C-operation with global functions to fulfill the global strategy Manage Risk
- Manage risk for the cluster in line with corporate policies and goals, including
- Environment, Health & Safety, Quality, Financial risk and Operational risk
- Execute statutory responsibilities and ensure operations comply with relevant legislation, regulations and corporate policies, laws, and internal governance audits and procedures, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ years' of operational management experience in a similar position within the automotive industry
- 8+years of experience in a Plant Manager or General manager position at a Tier 1 automotive manufacturer