Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Financial Reporting Specialist
Sarasota, FL 34232 US
- Prepares, reviews and ensures timely submission of monthly financial statements on a statutory and GAAP basis.
- Prepares, reviews and ensures timely submission of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements.
- Acts as a key representative and contact in the annual external audit.
- Works with the internal auditor as required and directed by Controller/Assistant Controller to assist in external audits and to complete internal audit reviews.
- Prepares and reviews external reinsurance reports monthly.
- Assists in the analysis and understanding of reinsurance contracts.
- Prepares and reviews and ensures timely submission of reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Assists Controller/Assistant Controller to create, review and assure compliance with all Managing General Agency contracts.
- Reviews and assists in preparing consolidated budgets and forecasts.
- Oversees and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems processes and data, and enhance the company value.
- Reviews budget vs. actual analysis monthly.
- Assists in the review and oversees the preparation of the tax provisions on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensures federal and state income taxes are accurate.
- Provides cost-saving and cost-containment reviews.
- Facilitates a wide variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to Controller/Assistant Controller and/or others as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
- Assists in supervising, mentoring, and training accounting staff to further develop skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Property and Casualty Insurance Industry experience required; must have an in-depth understanding of industry-specific accounting rules and regulations. A thorough understanding of statutory accounting practices is a must.
- Strong conceptual understanding and practical knowledge of GAAP and regulatory accounting principles.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Must possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reinsurance, income tax, and treasury management knowledge.
- Proficient computer knowledge-specifically with spreadsheets (hardware and software).
- Strong knowledge of financial information systems.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned areas and projects, as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to interface effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel.
- CPA Preferred