Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan’s 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of IT Financial Analyst.
Our clients Project & Portfolio Operations team supports a large portfolio of projects, providing leadership throughout the complete life cycle of a project; properly aligning resources (staff, managed services, external vendors, outsourced partners, and contract staff) to project effort; coordinating financial management, business analysis, and Organizational Change Management (OCM) across the portfolio; enforcing IT governance, risk and compliance, and industry best practices; maintaining awareness for continual improvement; and meeting company and department-level business strategies.
• The IT Financial Analyst will analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating IT financial models for decision support.
• Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
• Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting.
Key responsibilities include:
• Determines cost of operations collecting operational data.
• Identifies IT financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
• Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
• Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
• Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to think beyond
• Must have extremely strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
• Independent worker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
• Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
• Financial modeling expertise a plus
• Corporate Finance
• Cost Accounting
• Statistical Analysis
• Reporting Research Results
• Financial Skills
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 5+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Financial Management within the corporate setting
The following skills and experience will set you apart from others:
• Energy industry background
• Professional certification CPA
• Knowledge of lean concepts and the quality system framework
• IT Financial background
• SAP knowledge
• Tableau knowledge
• SharePoint knowledge