Grand Rapids, MI
Our client based here in the Grand Rapids, MI area is looking for an FP&A Manager to join their team.
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide proactive, accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
• Budget and control by project and by division. Create budget, give target pricing for production and purchasing.
• Coordinate with the accounting team on establishing standard operational reports in order to regularly assess operating performance and results.
• Monitor and adjust Direct Labor to capture overtime and uncompensated overtime monthly.
• Lead annual meetings of company's budget, financial forecast process; communicating analysis and results with senior management and parent company management as directed.
• Prepare monthly simulations of the budget with detail analysis of actuals versus estimated financial results with recommendations for course corrections.
• Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare monthly and as needed reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs with explanations for major variances and prepare data and conclusions for up-coming proposals.
• Development and maintenance of average costs, transfer pricing; variance reporting.
• Review the preparation of indirect rates for areas of competitive improvement
• Plan, study and collect data to determine costs of business operating activities, such as Raw Material Purchases, Work in Process, Labor, and Burden. Analyzes data obtained.
• Maintain and confirm the job cost ledger accuracy
• Calculating yearly rates for audit purposes.
• Participate in annual and semi-annual audits.
• Support the development and preparation of pricing schedules, cost volumes and supporting cost/price strategies in response to requests for proposals.
• Support and/or perform cost analysis and estimates for complex proposal efforts, consistent with company policies.
• 5+ years of experience with financial planning and analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
• 5+ years of manufacturing industry experience