Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
External Reporting Financial Analyst
Southfield, MI 48034 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
This role will focus on ensuring compliance with US SEC reporting rules through the accurate and timely filing of required documents.
- Design and Documentation of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting including researching and interpreting new control standards as issued by the SEC, PCAOB or other regulatory bodies
- Testing the Effectiveness of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting - creating and implementing a risked-based testing plan designed to ensure internal controls are operating effectively
- Audit Support including preparing supporting documentation for Internal Audit and external auditors and coordinating the external evaluation of internal controls
- Creation of SEC forms/reports including - 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, 11-K, Proxy and Form 4.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of Auditing experience
- Experience designing and evaluating internal controls in either an audit role within a CPA firm or a corporate internal audit/SOX 404 role
- Experience preparing or auditing financial statements and disclosures
- Experience researching accounting and reporting issues, including interpreting U.S. GAAP and SEC Reporting Rules
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent (i.e. Chartered Accountant)
- Experience evaluating compliance with SOX 404
- Experience auditing Information Technology (IT) controls
- Auditing experience from a large national or regional CPA firm
- SEC Reporting experience in either an audit role within a CPA firm or a corporate external reporting role
- Experience in the Financial Services industry